By Robert Wahler
I am a practicing mystic. I have been for most of my adult life, 42 years (initiated in 1976 by Maharaj Charan Singh).
When Miguel invited me to write about Judas for his blog, I decided to address it directly to Christian Mythicists. While Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio is mostly focused on Gnosticism and esotericism, the mere presence of Christianity is a plug in the bottle of the Spirit, preventing many from accessing the truth of It. I hope that mythicists everywhere will recognize the critical value of the information presented here to their case, whether they are atheist, agnostic or theist, as I am.
This presentation will be the nuclear option in their quiver of anti-ecclesia arrows.
The essential issue here is the disinformation in the biblical Gospels of the New Testament. We have to understand the source of the Gospels completely to put them in their proper context. I am not a scholar, and don’t pretend to be, nor do I want to be. Others have made an excellent presentation of the classical literary sources of many New Testament stories, miracles, and parables, such as Carrier, Fitzgerald, Price, Doherty, and Pervo. Most have been non-spiritual investigations.
I’m interested in theology. I made a conscious choice as a teenager not to pursue a college degree and I have never regretted that — even now, when it could really finally help me. I was free to find my own Path, and I did. I recognized the absurdity of attending a class on “the Philosophy of Religion” — as if intellectual learning can substitute for a Master’s personal guidance. So, in 1971 I embarked on a spiritual quest in the midst of the Flower Power era — and in the Bay Area of California, of all places. I found my Way to Sant Mat, the mysticism of the Sikh tradition.
Although Sikhism followed a similar derail as did Christianity, my Master is a direct spiritual descendant of Guru Nanak, the first and founding Master of the Sikh tradition. But, having myself detoured briefly into the Western Christian evangelical movement, I retained a deep curiosity of how the Bible fit in. I had no idea when I first picked up the family RSV (at 10 years old, and I still use it!) that one day I would be writing the case for what would ultimately be key to ending the religion. Christianity is a corruption of gnostic mysticism. We will now see exactly how.
This is NEW information from the Gnostics. No one has ever seen this material before in modern times. As far as I know, I am the only one in the world to present it this way. Its importance cannot be overstated. I argue that this is the most important discovery of all time, and at that, for all time to come as well, as the Internet will now stand sentry to a deception of this magnitude ever occurring again.
What it means is this: Christianity is no longer viable. The discovery of the Gospel of Judas and the Nag Hammadi Apocalypses of James and Peter ended it. These are really all that is needed to show the case for just what was planned to happen and what did, in fact, happen: the coverup of a successor savior. But there is much, much, more in support of these. Dr. Robert Eisenman, of Dead Sea Scrolls fame, is the leading investigator on this. He was the first to point out that “Judas” was James in the biblical literary remake — called “the Betrayal of Christ” — of the gnostic original mastership succession story of James the Just. He just never realized the literally supreme — divine — stature of James.
The essential supporting facts are these:
1. Dr. Robert Eisenman is the one who first said, in 1997, that “Judas” was James the Just in Acts 1, and that “Stephen” covers James in Acts 7. Also, he said Matthias and Joseph Barsabbas JUSTUS are similarly covers in Acts 1.
2. Judas is the mystic self-sacrifice in the gnostic Gospel of Judas, it is not Jesus sacrificed. Every single biblical scholar studying the Gospel of Judas is wrong about who the sacrifice is. It is JUDAS sacrificed, not Jesus.
3. Judas is stoned by fellow disciples in his vision at 44.24-26, just as only James was, historically. Paul killed James in the Pseudoclementine Recognitions 1.70. He is present and implicated at the stoning of “Stephen” (James).
4. ALL of the details of the “Betrayal of Christ” are sourced in the gnostic Apocalypses of James and Peter from Nag Hammadi. The original “Hail, brother!” parallel shows gnostic primacy, due to later virgin-birth theology.
5. No Gnostic would ever borrow from an orthodox story of human sacrifice, this is clear in the narrative of the Coptic Gospel of Judas. There is no known date of composition for the gnostic Greek version of this story.James”s succession was copied and inverted in the Bible “Betrayal of Christ” story – just as Dr. Eisenman has said purity observances in the Dead Sea Scrolls Pesherim at Qumran were inverted into the falsity of blood salvation.
6. James’s succession was copied and inverted in the Bible “Betrayal of Christ” story – just as Dr. Eisenman has said purity observances in the Dead Sea Scrolls Pesherim at Qumran were inverted into the falsity of blood salvation.
7. James “the Just” is the gnostic successor — one of many — the mystic savior turned into a “traitor” to hide him. “Judas,” “Stephen,” Barsabbas Justus,” “the beloved disciple,” and “Jesus” too, are all covers for James, all to hide him.
8. Paul knew only a heavenly redeemer — not a man, Jesus. The Church used Paul to found a new religion. James is killed in Josephus Ant. XX, Ch. 9. Jesus, not so much. Where is he? The TF? No way. That’s interpolated.
9. There is no “Matthias” in the Gospel of Judas where he should appear (36.1) were it not written before the Synoptic Gospels. The “replacement” is his Master, spiritually, just as “the man who bears me” is “Judas” (James), not Jesus.
10. Only living Masters can save: see John 6:40; and 9:4-5, in the Codex Sinaiticus original, before the manuscript text of John 9:4 was corrupted from “Him who sent US” to “Him who sent me.” They save by their giving “Life” — not their martyred death, as a “ransom for many” (note it is not “for all” as a death ransom would have been, accepted or not). The ransom, of course (Mark 10:45), is to the archons! And “salvation” is saved from rebirth, not saved from death. We all die — even Masters die. But they choose when. Jesus is said to visit the heavenly race at will in the Gospel of Judas, so he does not need “release” from his human body as many scholars (like Dr. Bart Ehrman) have opined, regarding the passage, “sacrifice the man who bears me.” Again, this “sacrifice” is spiritual! There is no end to the troubles from reading mysticism superficially.
Masters come to this world all the time. There is never a time when the world is without at least one savior — and that is according TO THEM, not just to me. (See scienceofthesoul.org library of mystic masters.)
Three major quotations given to Jesus were all originally attributed to James in, 1) Hegesippus, via Eusebius: “Father forgive them for they know not what they do” and, “You will see the Son of man coming with Power on the clouds of heaven” and, 2) Gospel of the Hebrews: “I will not eat (or drink of the fruit of the vine) until the Son of man is risen from among those who sleep.” The nativity story of Jesus parallels that of John the Baptist, and the betrayal of Jesus, his trial and illegal execution all parallel James the Just. With the Greek classics and the Tanak sourced for many of the Gospel stories, not much is left of the life and times of any “Jesus Christ.”
ALL original Bible stories are lessons in mystic, or “gnostic,” truth. The ruse of the New Testament story of a fictional Jesus Christ succeeded wildly beyond expectations in Roman times, becoming the modern religion of Pauline Christianity.
The real story begins in the Apocalypses of James and are made paid in the Apocalypse of Peter, all in the Nag Hammadi Library collection. These were found in 1945 very near to the recent (1970’s) Al Minya, Egypt, discovery of the Gospel of Judas.
The order of parallel passages is roughly the same, and the sense of the original is usually reversed in the other, opposite, canonical version: “Give you a sign,” “walking on a mountain,” “payer on a rock,” great distress, the kiss, “the flesh is weak,” “stripped and rising naked,” “armed multitudes [archons] seizing,” and “Hail, brother!” in place of “Hail, Master!” show more than coincidental parity.
James is often overwritten by Jesus in the canonical narrative. The only question is which one is the original. No gnostic would ever borrow from an orthodox story of human sacrifice, as we clearly see in the Gospel of Judas. The author rails vehemently against the sacrifices and depravity of the orthodox priesthood.
The clincher is the Apocalypse of Peter, where Peter is denied by Jesus three times — not the other way around as later in the canon — by the end of the first paragraph, being denied inner vision in deep meditation. “As he was about to reprove you three times in this night” is paired with the three times Jesus “comes to them” in the four canonical Gospels, and finds them “asleep.” “Sleeping” is a metaphor for meditation as is seen in an excised line of Matthew (17:2) from the Hebrew Matthew original: the disciples were “asleep but not asleep, awake yet not awake.”
Note Peter and Jesus, three times denied, and “in this night” — three details paralleled is not just chance. One of these gave birth to the other, and it is hard to see how Peter denying Jesus could be made to fit into a “reproving” of Peter in his meditation. Maybe people milling about all night was common in Jerusalem, but not likely. More likely was this early-morning “Fourth watch” to be the time of meditation, as it is in the “walking on water” parable in Matt.14:25/Mark 6:48, about faith and perseverance in meditation. “Watching” in Matt. 26:40-41, “for an hour” is not standing guard or “praying,” but meditation.
Jesus denies Peter his appearance within him as an astral vision in his meditation, three times, and “in this night.” The gnostic version is the original, despite any “cock crowing” conveniently in the Betrayal. The Bible inverse version of this, and all the other gnostic details inverted in “the Betrayal of Christ” narrative prove that the Bible is not original, not history, and not to be cited in Church as “the God’s truth.”
For those who think this is an exercise in religious abstraction, I have two words: “Donald Trump.” Trump still enjoys 72% support among the Evangelicals who helped elect him. Christianity affects us all — everyone in the world. Many Christians feel that since “The Return” is imminent, we do not need to care for the environment. Or gays. Or Muslims. Or whatever the hell else it is that Christians in their self-imposed certitude think is dispensable. “His Return” is individual, and personal, just as visions are internal and personal; “The Last Day” is the day you die; and His Word is not the Bible. His Word is the Spirit — or Name of the Lord, or Nam, or Shabd, or Voice of Many Waters, or a thousand other Names given to the Almighty. No one owns It. However, everyone can literally hear It. The Gnostics called It “Apophasis Logos” — the Unspoken Word. But the scholars missed that, too.
This was just a brief survey of the most important details of the inversion of gnostic truth in the Bible Gospels. Much more explanation on the theology is found in my books and interviews.
https://judaswasjames.com/ has all the parallel details that can be easily identified.
Aeon Byte Gnostic radio interviews:
Stu Taylor interview (seven minutes):
The Gospel of Judas:
Ps. Recognitions 1:70:
Anyone who wants to help me bring this to TV or a YouTube video production is most welcome to contact me at my email address on the website above.
This is the biggest story to ever need telling.
But don’t tell the archons. They will not be pleased!